Copy and Stylistic Editing
“From start to finish Saul and Nas made sure that the process went as smoothly as possible. … Nas’s editorial recommendations improved the book without sacrificing the flavor or losing the ‘author’s voice’. I highly recommend IndieBookLauncher and will use their services again in the future.”
—Alma T. C. Boykin
Copy editing focuses on correcting mistakes and making sure your manuscript is consistent.
Stylistic editing helps you polish your prose and improve its clarity, flow, and impact.
Our stylistic edit includes a copy edit as part of the process.
Copy and stylistic editing should be the last changes made to your manuscript. If you need someone to review the ‘big picture’ of your plot, structure, and so on, consider our developmental editing service.
- 15 years of experience editing fiction and non-fiction
- Copy edit: grammar, phrasing, terminology, jargon, punctuation, and spelling all corrected
- Stylistic edit: tone, structure of paragraphs and passages, smooth flow, and impact all improved. Includes a copy edit.
- Authors of short works can combine several shorts into a single order.
- Free sample edit of the first 1000 words of your manuscript. (Contact us to request your sample.)
- ‘Red-line’ document showing our edits, allowing you to accept or reject each change.
- Unlimited follow-up for questions, clarifications, and advice.
“I started to work on my book years ago and like all authors I knew the dreaded ‘Editor’ was coming to chop my child up. … [I] started working with Nas [and] the process became more like working with my brother than the usual hatchet job writers get. … I strongly recommend this publishing group and you can see their work on Amazon.com under the title The Darkness Below”
—Peter A. Thomas
Author, The Darkness Below
All fees are in Canadian dollars. Our editing fees are based on the length and content of your manuscript. Our minimum fee for any editing project is $300 Canadian. (Authors of short works can combine multiple works into one project for better value.)
Our base rate for copy editing is $0.01 per word, with more difficult manuscripts costing up to $0.015 per word. (For example, to perform a copy edit on a novel of 60,000 words, our fee would be in the range $600-$900.)
Our base rate for stylistic editing is $0.02 per word, with more difficult manuscripts costing up to $0.03 per word. (For example, to perform a stylistic edit on a novel of 60,000 words, our fee would be in the range $1200-$1800.) Our stylistic edit includes a complete copy edit as part of the process.